Answers to Frequently Asked Questions...
For detailed information about the education and licensing of Naturopathic Physicians in the U.S. see:
Founded in 1956, National College of Naturopathic Medicine is the oldest accredited school of natural medicine in North America.
All modern qualified naturopathic physicians have Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) degrees. ND's study the same basic and clinical sciences as do other medical students, as well as the full spectrum of natural medicines and therapies.
Their education includes:
- Premedical undergraduate coursework
- Extensive application and admission process (only 1 of 3 applicants were accepted in 1997)
- Graduation from four-year, graduate level, federally accredited naturopathic medical schools
- Two full years of supervised clinical internship
- Extensive training in clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathic medicine, physical medicine & body energy work, and lifestyle counseling
Some of your lab tests and other services may be covered by your insurance but most Naturopathic Services are no covered by insurance in California. Please call the office and we can discuss your insurance situation.
Please check our Conditions Page for some examples of common symptoms and illnesses we treat, but please note that this is just a short list of the more common areas of health that paitients come to us for. It's best to call the office and let's explore if and how we can help.