ADD & Adversity Coaching ...
Do you have a teen with ADD who is creative & smart, but yet is struggling in school?
Are you an ADD adult who faces relationship issues, have trouble sleeping, have difficulty regulating emotions or responses to stress, or deal with inconsistent performance or habits at work?
Are you or your teen already diagnosed with this enigma called ADD/ADHD and ready to get a handle on it?
Might you be an individual dealing with emotional or physical adjustment to life following a traumatic event or the loss of a limb?
Call or email now and set up an appointment with Steve!
More about Coaching ...
Coaching is a partnership where the total focus is on you and how to help you achieve what you really want in life.
A Coach is:
- Someone you can deeply trust, who has a lot of respect for you, and wants only the best for you. If you had a professor who was supportive of you or maybe a business mentor at one time, then you have experienced what a coach can offer.
- Someone who is extremely supportive of you in an area at which you want to improve or excel? Think of the guidance a wonderful athletic coach or music teacher may have provided you at one point in your life.
- Someone who's agenda is your agenda
- Someone focused on your future, not so much your past or the causes that lead you to where you are now.
- Not a therapist!
Benefits of Coaching
- Can help you determine what patterns or beliefs you need to shift to help you move forward if you are willing to take the action it will take to do that
- Get to the source of problems quickly
- Balance your business and personal life
- Re-design your life to make it the way you really want it
- Enhance self-confidence
- Get past personal blind spots
- Overcome procrastination
- Enhance health, energy and performance
Now, even if you are at a point in life where you are done with your education and its challenges, your ADD still interferes with your relationships and work success.
This is where coaches can bridge the gap working with teens and adults.
Additionally, I have always wanted to share my dual experience successfully overcoming obstacles as an amputee with others dealing with adjustment to loss of limb or other physical disabilities and hope to help others as well as an Adversity Coach.
The initial consultation is conducted as two appointments (aprox. two hours total).
First, there is a home visit where I complete a questionnaire individually with the child/teen to assess and observe strengths, motivators, stressors, and perceived challenges in learning/study/home environment.
During follow-up appointments with parents at my office, we will discuss discoveries made from the questionnaire and home visit and make initial conclusions on observed behavior patterns, ADD's/ADHD's effect on the child/teen, desired targets for the child/teen, and next steps to take.
Follow-up appointments are 1 hr long once a week and involve: modifying stressors in home/school environment, learning style inventories, designing academic/behavior contracts for home or school life, shifting belief systems, combining interest areas with challenge issues, and developing structures and supports as the centerpiece of a plan to help them reach their goals and maintain success going forward.
Sessions are available in the late afternoons and on Saturdays during the school year.
Appointments in the summer are flexible and a great time to address issues.
Don't delay any longer. Make an appointment today!
This is conducted as a phone consultation or in-person at my office. Coaching consists of a 1 hour session once a week. ADD Coaching may focus on anything from work performance, to relationship issues, to stress/time management, and impulsive tendencies. You, as the client, direct the course of the sessions and decide on what challenges you would like to address. I, as your coach, help to facilitate an awareness of your personal patterns, help you identify beliefs holding you back, and help you design a systematic plan to move you forward.
The focus of coaching will be to:
- Discover needs, wants, desires, dreams and a willingness to move forward
- Identify ADD barriers and how they manifest to get in the way of these dreams
- Recognize gaps, patterns, assumptions, inconsistencies and limiting beliefs to be shifted
- Pinpoint existing strengths & successes to build on
- Identify ideal learning styles to facilitate shift
- Articulate a step by step action plan toward a goal
- Develop structures and supports: reminders, signals, prompts and systems to help maintain successes